Miss Josie and I headed to Charlotte Court House for a much needed day with Kevin's "Momma" (which is really his Grandma but everyone - including me- calls her Momma). I called her Fri morning to ask if we could come see her and she was trilled to hear we were on our way. I was even more excited about going after I talked to her because she sounded down when she answered the phone - she even said she really didn't feel like getting out of bed - but as soon as I said we wanted to visit - she said, "Ohhh Sugga, I can't wait for you to get here!" If course I am completely aware that it was not the idea of seeing me that excited her - it was knowing that her "baby" was on the way.
As you can see, Josie enjoyed her visit too! There is something so very special about Momma. From the moment you meet her, you love her and you feel loved by her. She defines unconditional love - not just for her seven children or her countless grand and great grandchildren, but for everyone. I could write a million words and none would truly describe what she means to her family. I am so grateful to have be a part of her family - to learn from her example. There is only Momma - and she is so much to so many!
While we were in CCH, we has a few visitors - Uncle Gary found Josie's funny bone and she actually laughed several times - it was so cute! Of course I am jealous because I have been trying to get her to laugh and she saved them all for Gary! I am convinced it has something to do with his mustache!She also got to see Larry, Debbie, Ashley, Adam, Reed Austin, and Alexis. We really enjoyed our trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment